Discover and mitigate any weaknesses your systems may have in the face of vulnerability and attacks.
What is a Vulnerability Assessment?
Vulnerability assessment is an extensive process of defining, identifying and classifying the weaknesses, vulnerability, and holes that exist in a system. These threats/vulnerabilities are often detected in the computer systems of organizational and communication infrastructure of a healthcare organization.
Security professionals face difficult challenges protecting their information assets. They have to keep up with cyber criminals, check off a growing list of compliance boxes, and keep close tabs on the security practices of their partners and employees.
Addressing the sheer volume and evolution of cyberattacks is daunting for even the most security-conscious healthcare organization. It requires an in-depth understanding of organizational risks and vulnerabilities, as well as current threats and the most effective policies and technologies for addressing them. Only by understanding their risks can organizations target limited security dollars to the technologies and strategies that matter most.
Vulnerability assessments are needed to complete any sort of HITRUST, HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS, and SOC compliance assessment or audit, and need to examine three core areas of a healthcare organization:
- What is the security awareness level in the organization?
- Are the employees and third-party contractors following existing security policies and procedures?
- Have the employees or third-party individuals been adequately trained to implement the security program inside the organization?
- What are the security policies and procedures in place in the organization and have the policies and procedures been communicated to the employees and third-party individuals?
- The policies and procedures meet the users’ security and business requirements?
- What sort of security technologies are in use in the organization?
- How are these technologies configured and deployed?
Here’s How Conduro Helps
Below are the steps we take to assess your network’s vulnerability. Our methodology has been developed through years of experience managing networks that process healthcare data. In healthcare vulnerability assessment is a crucial component of network security and the risk management, and should be considered essential.
Here are the steps we take in our cyber vulnerability assessment process:
- Baseline Configuration Establishment — Aiding in the creation of compliant baseline configurations
- Patch Management — Monitoring for the release of security patches for selected software
- Penetration Testing — Testing at the network level and the application level both internally and externally by attempting to compromise network security and infiltrate the network in a controlled manner
- Vulnerability Scanning — Regularly scheduled network vulnerability scanning can help an organization identify weaknesses in network security and identify devices on your network that are open to known vulnerabilities and attack
- Remediation of Discovered Vulnerabilities — Managing the mitigation of discovered vulnerabilities, the testing of, and implementation of remediation actions
- Security Tool Evaluation and Recommendation — Identifying the ideal security tools for the environment and recommending appropriate sizing and packages
- Security Tool Configuration — Installing and/or configuring security tools to ensure monitoring and compliance
Contact us today for more information on how we can help your organization with Vulnerability Assessment.